Friday, September 16, 2011

Cherry

With summer in it's final chapters I'm savoring the last batch of sweet juicy cherries - It's one of my favorite fruits and I always have a ton of them in my fridge all summer long. It sweetens my summer like no other!

Cherries trigger a lot of happy memories from when I was a child. I must have been 2 or 3 and it was my Aunt's (mom's younger sister) wedding. All I remember from the day are the boxes and boxes of cherries I ate, the red juice that dripped down my face staining my 'good' clothes and the pits I swallowed in my eagerness to eat. I couldn’t get enough of cherries then, and I can’t get enough now. And I'm OK with that :)

I like my cherries fresh from the bowl. How do you like yours?  

Cherry, available for purchase here.


Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did my work make you smile? Please let me know by leaving a comment! I love to read your comments :)