Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Elephant (and the bird)

Hello all you lovely people! 

I hope each and everyone of you has been having a wonderful week so far. 

One question I get asked a lot is how does my illustration project work. Nearly all of my work begins with an idea I woke up with, having been toyed with in my head all night. 

Then the perks of working from home kick in. I walk to my studio in my PJ’s, with a warm cup of tea (currently peppermint) and wake my computer & Wacom Intuos 5 up. I open Illustrator and dive right in. 

The basic sketch usually take 2 to 3 refinements. I move stuff around, re-size and rotate them to get the right feel and make it more visually appealing. This usually the most time-consuming of all steps. 

Then comes color exploration. My main objective at this stage is to create the best color scheme that will give the illustration the pop it deserves.

A few finishing touches here and there and the illustration is ready for the printers!


Elephant bird Wall Art-Elephant Decor,Elephant Nursery Decor,Safari Animals,Baby Boys Room,Animal Print,Wall Art,Nursery Decor,Kids Wall Art
Here is a visual breakdown of my process behind the elephant illustration. 

Elephant bird Wall Art-Elephant Decor,Elephant Nursery Decor,Safari Animals,Baby Boys Room,Animal Print,Wall Art,Nursery Decor,Kids Wall Art
Elephant and the bird - available for purchase here.

I hope you've enjoyed this, as much as I have enjoyed sharing my process!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did my work make you smile? Please let me know by leaving a comment! I love to read your comments :)