Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wild Summer

I have been working on a new series of flower illustrations, more of a 'messy' bunch (and unlike my other very-put-together works).

The inspiration came from a lost dream. Last mid-summer we bought a packet of mixed wild flower seeds with beautiful pictures on it, and planted them in rows of colorful planters on our window sill outside. We waited and waited and waited for them to grow, carefully watering and all, but by the end of the season all we got were some sprigs of wild something - no flowers.

So I drew this colorful bunch looking wistfully at the now empty planters stacked outside my window.




Wild Summer, available for purchase here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pragya,
    I came across your blog through Pinterest. Your work is amazing and your posts are fun to read. Its a lovely blog!

    Thanks,
    Fazela

    ReplyDelete

Did my work make you smile? Please let me know by leaving a comment! I love to read your comments :)