Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Go murphy!

I'm back from the most interesting adventure of my life! The show was a fantastic experience. Meeting buyers face to face is so thrilling!! The in shop sales were dismal but the fellow sellers and the sense of community was magical! I assumed that there would be a sense of competition amongst the sellers but all I found was warm camaraderie, willingness to help and tons of good-natured humor.

My search for a decent canopy has begun again. The brand new caravan canopy got damaged on the second day of the show. All Ez-ups and other under $200 canopy stood well in the wind and one of the metal leg of our canopy snapped!! (really!). It was a huge nuisance (lots of cursing and hammering) to fold back the damaged canopy.

Here are some pictures of the setup. It was extremely windy and the billowing walls kept knocking down the display. So we ended up taking down the walls and the the art hanging from the wall.





Now some other happy news. "Cuddle Please" was on the front page of Etsy today!! yay!


The two other front pages from this month, "Spring Bunting"-

and "Tiny Umbrella"

There are a couple of more secret news that I hope to share with you guys soon! wink wink!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... the old wind does its thing at the outdoor craft shows. Honey, I've been there more times than I like to remember. It's rather disheartening to experience that because you can't relax and enjoy the show, the sellers and buyers, but you're constantly trying to keep you items from falling over and your canopy from caving in. That's just the way things go with outdoor shows... you never know what kind of weather you'll get. But I'm glad you had a good experience meeting the other sellers. There is a definite sense of camaraderie there, and you can learn about other shows from them too. Your work looks wonderfully displayed too! So bright and cheery. Congrats on the FPs too!

    ReplyDelete

Did my work make you smile? Please let me know by leaving a comment! I love to read your comments :)